Re: [SLE] Why does USB drive mount automagically?
  • From: David Johanson <dcjohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 08:32:45 -0400

Kastus wrote:
On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 05:10:42PM -0700, Chris Carlen wrote:

What can be done to fix this, and make it more consistent with the behavior of the CD and floppy?

Please see http://portal.suse.com/sdb/de/2004/05/hmeyer_91_revert_from_subfs.html,
it's available in German only, unfortunately, but I hope it's usable.

Anyone willing to translate this to english. Three install so far and none of them see the USB devices at all. All clean installs.

dave

I believe that "SusePlugger" is responsible for what is happening, but in lengthy searches though /etc/sysconfig, Yast, and the system documentation, there is nothing but a blurb in the release notes implying that it exists.

You have to edit /etc/hotplug/hotplug.subfs.functions, details are
in the SDB article.

Regards, -Kastus

--
David C. Johanson