Re: [SLE] Re: Sensors installation on 9.1
  • From: Ales Jagodnik <ajagodnik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 13:54:39 +0200
I did as you mentioned, just YaST has some problems.
When I open runlevel configuration the mouse show the usual clock as if something is loading and thus I cannot change anything, basically it freezes.
BTW lm_sensors show "no", but still work normally anyway.

Did you copy /usr/share/doc/packages/sensors/prog/init/lm_sensors.int.suse
to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors
and activate lm_sensors in Yast ---> System ---> Runlevel editor

When you ran sensors-detect it would have mentioned a setting to be placed in /etc/modules.conf which in SuSE 9.1 is actually /etc/modprobe.conf The setting may or may not be in the file already. Just to a search to make sure the setting is there.
Also have a look in /etc/sensors.conf as there are settings in this file for your chipset which may have to be tweaked. The file is quite well commented.

< Previous Next >