Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 Success
  • From: Janus Sandsgaard <lister@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 13:10:36 +0200
On Saturday 22 May 2004 11:56, Clayton wrote:

> Personally... I wouldn't use the SUSE installer to resize an NTFS
> partition.

I had the same opinion until I succesfully did NTFS resize with SuSE 9.0 on a
few machines a work. It's just that it sound as if there is a bug in 9.1.

> I've had no problems with FAT32 partitions, but NTFS
> and Linux don't play well together.

Sad, because NTFS have been standard on Win for a long time. Of cource you can
make a FAT32 for file exchange between the two OSs, but the ability to resize
and read data from a NTFS partition (with YaST, not some extra application
sold seperatly) is a must in a world with a lot of Windows users and -PCs.

> Do it the easy way... use
> native Windows tools to do it. You can use some of the tools
> provided with Win2k (not sure about XP) or use a 3rd party tool
> like Partition Magic. Saves you a lot of grief and trouble.

What are the partition tools called in Win2k? I do not want to buy Partition
Magic.

Janus

--
Roskilde University, Denmark.
Department of Technology and Social Science.

< Previous Next >