ext3 on SuSE 9.1 anynone?
  • From: Janus Sandsgaard <lister@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 11:49:19 +0200
On Friday 21 May 2004 11:30, Simon Oliver wrote:

> - Formatting partitions with anything other than Reiser seems to fail
> Ext3 fails and XFS has severe problems
> I managed to get Ext3 to work by pre-formatting using a rescue system
> I notice there are bugs in your XFS because you rushed the launch!

Is Simon the only one experiencing these problems with ext3 on SuSE 9.1? I am
used to using ext3 (I am using it now with SuSE 9.0) but I am not a real
technical guy and therefore need something that works pretty much out of the
box. Is ext3 then a "no go" with SusE Linux 9.1 Pro?

Janus

--
Roskilde University, Denmark.
Department of Technology and Social Science.