Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 Success
  • From: Sneferu <sneferu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 11:45:57 +0300

Another 2 stories:

1. Suse 9.1 pro for x86 installed on a AMD64 machine; only OS on a 240 gb WD hdd. Everything works great except for the on board lan card. Still searching infos for it.

2. Suse 9.1 pro on a Toshiba A25 laptop with pre installed Windows XP pro. I already had Suse 9.0 on it, so no NTFS resizing here. Detected and configured everything (wireless, video card, etc), except for the integrated SD reader for whom I understood there is no driver yet.

Blazing fast on both machines, Suse did a good job with this one.

Very happy with it so far.

Regards.

At 11:39 AM 5/22/2004, Janus Sandsgaard wrote:

On Thursday 20 May 2004 22:38, Thom Nuzum wrote:

> I have a new Seagate 160 GB hard drive.
> I did a default install and changed nothing.
> On boot I get grub stage 2 message: something I never had before, but is
> positive.
> Windows XP boots and so does Linux

Great to hear a succes story between all these reports about problems with
SuSE 9.1.

Did you do a NTFS partition resize using YaST during installaton? There has
been reported problems with it and it is holding my back from installing 9.1.

Janus

--
Roskilde University, Denmark.
Department of Technology and Social Science.