Re: [SLE] RE: Ticket [20040519430002952] e100 module parameters
  • From: Janus Sandsgaard <lister@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 10:25:02 +0200
On Friday 21 May 2004 11:30, Simon Oliver wrote:

> - GUI installer fails to start, reverts to text mode installation.
> again I'm using a widely used on board adapter, the Intel 815.
> - Formatting partitions with anything other than Reiser seems to fail
> Ext3 fails and XFS has severe problems
> I managed to get Ext3 to work by pre-formatting using a rescue system
> I notice there are bugs in your XFS because you rushed the launch!
> - Can't install via the network (because can't configure NIC!)

Sound like really critical bugs. Have other experienced the same?
Have you reported these problems to SuSE?

I am sitting here with my new and shiny 9.1 Professionel box. Reading the
different postings here I am not sure if I dare to install it this weekend.
Might need to se some more patches from SuSE first.

Janus Sandsgaard

--
Roskilde University, Denmark.
Department of Technology and Social Science.