Disabling password logon
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 07:58:49 +0200
I will be on holiday soon and unfortunately away from my PC. I, however have a fantastic opportunity at introducing linux to my parents as they have agreed to check and download my email over that time.

What I would like to do automatically logon my defined user on the SuSE 9.0 system when the system is powered on ie without them having to login. When I return I will re-enable the password logon. I am sure I saw something like this displayed when I did the initial installation but browsing through the YAST options and the help file didn't yield any useful results, although it is possible I missed it.

Could someone point me in the right direction.

Hylton
--
The Little Helper
Hylton Conacher - Licenced Windows user