Re: [SLE] Help needed for Intel PRO/Wireless 2100
  • From: jim barnes <j10152@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 17:14:55 -0600
Trey Sizemore wrote:
Looking for some help from anyone who has gotten the Intel PRO/Wireless
2100 card working to establish a wireless internet connection. Per the
document in file://usr/share/doc/packages/wireless-tools/README.firmware
I downloaded the 96377_96377.zip file and installed per the instructions
(although I'm still not sure that's the right file). The card is
detected by YAST, but I'm unable to get a connection though it with any
known good WAPs. If I try 'ping yahoo.com -I eth1' I get 'connect: No
such device'.

The laptop I'm using is a Dell Latitude D600. I'm more than happy to
provide any addtional information.

Thanks.

The output of (as root) >ifconfig and >iwconfig would be a start.