Re: [SLE] I'm going to have to return SuSE tonight
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 22:51:35 +0100
Preston Crawford wrote:

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 06:34, Billie E. Walsh wrote:

On Friday 21 May 2004 03:33, me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

So now I'm completely lost. A computer that functioned perfectly fine now
goes completely haywire every couple days no matter what hard drive or
filesystem I use. I really have no choice but to consider that the problem

I know this may seem stupid, but................have you checked the CMos battery. I've seen those things do some pretty weird stuff after a couple years. Most use a 2023 battery available just about anywhere.

I thought about that too. Especially since my computer is about 3 years
old. But my date and time and everything are held fine. I'm running
Fedora right now and everything is going fine. So I don't know what to
make of it.

Preston

If it weren't for the fact that Fedora runs without problems, I'd have said it was a hardware problem. I have SuSE 9.1 installed on 1 box and 2 laptops, one with x86_64, all running well. This is a truely strange one. It still could be hardware, something that SuSE 9.1 is doing/using that Fedora doesn't.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.