Re: [suselinux] [SLE] [Fwd: RE: Support request megaide RAID]
  • From: Kenneth Schneider <suselist@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 10:22:07 -0400
On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 10:01, Joseph Brockert wrote:
> Ken,
> Be careful, SuSE 9.1 is having problems with Adaptec 2xxx, and DTP SCSI
> raid controllers. Check other threads on this topic this month. I'm
> working with advanced support on it. The Adaptec 39160 SCSI appears to
> be working, but you will have to use software raid.....joe

It depends on the hardware you have. I am currently running a single
(old) scsi disk on the raid controller at home. It has been up without
incident or reboot since last Saturday when I installed 9.1.
When I can afford to purchase more disks I will start using the onboard
hardware raid setup since the onboard LSI SATA raid is not yet supported
in the 2.6 kernel. Performance should be a lot better as well.

--
Ken Schneider
unix user since 1989

< Previous Next >