Re: [SLE] ALSA and Ensoniq 1371
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:15:47 -0400
On Friday 21 May 2004 08:59 am, Ed Harrison wrote:
> Every time I start KDE, the sound goes berserk.
>
> I have identified the problem as an activated "IEC958 1" selection in
> alsamixer(gui). When it is muted, the noise stops.
>
> However, this setting is not saved and the noise returns on the next login.
>
> How can I permanently disable this part of the sound device.
>
> I have looked at /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf and
> /usr/share/alsa/cards/ENS1371.conf, but it is all Greek to me.

Try this:

Kstart --> multimedia --> Volume control --> Kmix

When you get Kmix up, click on: Advanced

Unselect IEC958 and quit.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 05/21/04 09:13 +
"Words wound. But as a veteran of twelve years in the united states senate,
I happily attest that they do not kill." - Lyndon Johnson.