Re: [SLE] can connect to isp, but can't open webpages
  • From: Adagilson Batista Bispo da Silva <adagilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:09:04 -0300
I think this IP is got automatically. Look at these messages that appear when I am connecting (I am using 2 scripts: to connect ppp-on and ppp-off to disconnect via ppp) :
adagilson@localhost:~$ppp-on
bash: ppp-on: command not found
adagilson@localhost:~$su
Password:
root@localhost:/home/adagilson# ppp-on
root@localhost:/home/adagilson# Serial connection established.
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/modem
local IP address 200.151.182.81
remote IP address 200.199.191.203
$ppp-off
ppp link to [ppp0] terminated:
Demand dialing stopped.

Should I use "remote IP address as DNS"?
a.