Re: [SLE] can connect to isp, but can't open webpages
  • From: Robert Paulsen <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 06:22:30 -0500
On Friday 21 May 2004 06:16, Adagilson Batista Bispo da Silva wrote:
> Thanks for helping, Purple and C. Hamel!
> Consider that I am *not* using a DNS server, but a dial-up connection. I
> have never needed to set DNS to access internet whether on Windows or
> Linux. Some more ideas?

You need a DNS regardless of the method you use to connect to the internet.

You are almost certainly getting your IP address set automatically via dhcp
from your ISP. dhcp *can* also set up your DNS IP address(es) automatically
but this depends on how things are configured.

You need to either configure your system to get DNS IP addresses via dhcp or
define them yourself.

--
Robert C. Paulsen, Jr.
robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx