Install Problem with USB
  • From: Donald Henson <wepin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 18:11:09 -0600
I just tried to install SuSE Linux 9.1 Professional (clean install).
When the installation got to activating USB devices, just after or part
of the hardware probe, the installation stalled. I tried attaching my
USB camera, attaching my USB scanner, waiting for over 45 minutes to
make sure it wasn't just slow, and turning the power off for about 5
minutes (just in case). The install always stops at the same point.
Nothing I tried changed that. The really strange thing is that I earlier
installed 9.1 on my laptop, which is usually the problem child, but it
went quite smoothly. Also, the USB devices work just fine with 9.0. Has
anyone had this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix
it? Any advice appreciated.

Don Henson

< Previous Next >