procmail mishandling spamassassin coded email
  • From: Lucky Leavell <susemisc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:57:28 -0400 (EDT)
OS: SuSE 9.0
Spamassassin v2.55-75 (from SuSE FTP)
MTA: Postfix 2.0.14-54
Procmail v3.15.1-483

/etc/procmailrc entry:
PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/$LOGNAME
LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockfile

:0 c
backup_inbox

:0fw
| /usr/local/bin/clamassassin

:0

:0:
* ^X-Spam-Status.*Yes
spamSA.$LOGNAME

>From misfiled email:

autolearn=ham version=2.55

The ONLY place mail is filed in spamSA.$LOGNAME is from this
/etc/procmailrc entry. Problem began today when bayseian filtering
started working for the first time.? (Why it started working is a mystery
but it did. I posted a separate thread on this problem last week and even
followed thru with the SA users list to no avail.)

I can understand procmail getting confused by negative SA score BUT SA
still correctly says this was No[t] spam which my procmail rule should not
file the emails in spamSA.$LOGNAME but fall thru to the other rules and
eventually file the mail in the user's INBOX. (This particular misfiled
message was from SuSE mailing list SLE.) Please note I have been using
this procmail rule for about 10 days with no problems until today.)

Any ideas of why this is happening and what I can do about it?

Thank you,
Lucky Leavell

< Previous Next >