Re: [SLE] ncr53c8xx SCSI problem
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 12:56:38 -0400
Ryan McCain wrote:

> im getting this error after a succesful install of suse server 8.. any
> ideas?

> SCSI host 0 abort (pid 0) timed out - resetting
> SCSI Host is being reset for host 0 channel 0
> ncr53c8xx_reset: pid=1 reset flags=2 serial_number=1
> serial_number_at_timeout=1

> then it just repeats the message over and over, incrementing..

I had this happen on my Mandrake beta testing box a few months ago. I
never found out what the problem was, but a newer kernel in a several
days newer source tree made it go away. Do you also have IDE enabled in
the system? If so and you disable it, does the problem disappear?
--
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every
opportunity." Colossians 4:5 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/