sound in suse redux
  • From: "Don W. Jenkins" <jinxinker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:37:14 -0700 (PDT)
I know this was discussed some yesterday, and I wanted to add that my
own experience is the same as the others. Sound looks to be
configured, things like XMMS and the CD player open, media is loaded
and started, but no sound comes out. I attempted the thing with
alsaconf, but that didn't seem to change anything. I'm a little
befuddled as to how suse, which seems to have everything else working
so well, doesn't have sound quite right. Or at all. I run a dual boot
system, and I've never had problems with my Linux distros (Mandrake,
Libranet, Fedora, Mepis) automatically configuring sound at
installation and running fine, even when Windows wouldn't, so this is a
little perplexing. Do suse engineers train in Redmond? I hope not.

Don J.

=====
Don W. Jenkins
"Ms. Jaggers" |
'84 XJ6 Gray/Gray | "People will let you do whatever you will"
--Max Farce