Re: [SLE] Install 9.1 on old laptop
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 06:23:08 -0400
On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 02:12, Proctor wrote:

> [...]

You will need to know some information about both the CD-ROM and
Network card, as in make and type. You should see a listing for Modules
during the install process, select this, and load the modules (with any
info they require) and then proceed with the installation. It's been
some months since I've done this so I apologize for not remembering
quite where that point in the install process is. It was required for a
network install on two computers, I needed to know the NIC maker and
type in order to load the correct module, which unfortunately I had to
do by trial and error, but in the end it did work.

Mike -- and then I lost it because Norton Anti Virus fixed the MBR

< Previous Next >