Re: Sensors installation on 9.1
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:11:36 +0100
In a previous message, Johan <yep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Onsdag 19 maj 2004 16:39 skrev John Pettigrew:
> > Can someone remind me of which file it's good to put the modprobe commands
> > in during startup on 9.1? The sensors-detect output helpfully says only
> > "some /etc/rc* file", which isn't too clear :)
> >
> > FWIW, sensors seems to work fine out of the box here - no faffing around
> > with compiling a new version was needed.
>
> The "/usr/sbin/sensors-detect" command ends up telling you ... unfortunately
> their site state that you'd have to upgrade lm-sensors if you run with the
> latest breed of kernel from SuSE.

But, as I said, the sensors actually work fine. If I enter the relevant
modprobes as root, I can view the sensor results in GKrellM with no problem.
Which leads me to suspect that simply inserting these commands during boot
would be enough on my system.

Anyhow, thanks to Clark for the pointer to the right answer.

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fun : Strategy : Price