Re: [SLE] Sensors installation on 9.1
  • From: Johan <yep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:57:15 +0200
Onsdag 19 maj 2004 16:39 skrev John Pettigrew:
> Can someone remind me of which file it's good to put the modprobe
> commands in during startup on 9.1? The sensors-detect output
> helpfully says only "some /etc/rc* file", which isn't too clear :)
>
> FWIW, sensors seems to work fine out of the box here - no faffing
> around with compiling a new version was needed.
>
> John

The "/usr/sbin/sensors-detect" command ends up telling you ...
unfortunately their site state that you'd have to upgrade lm-sensors
if you run with the latest breed of kernel from SuSE.

http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/kernel26.html

Hint you SuSE people

.... as they upgrade the kernel .. you forgot to upgrade lm-sensors in
the process.

Please give us a chance to have a clean an install as possible

Johan