Re: [SLE] e100 speed duplex under 9.1
  • From: Johan <yep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:21:38 +0200

Onsdag 19 maj 2004 17:03 skrev Simon Oliver:
> I found I couldn't use the e100_speed_duplex module parameter under
> SuSE 9.1 with my Intel NIC.
>
> A recent posting on this list reported the same problem and a
> solution - the ethtool utility. Indeed I found that the following
> commands got the NIC talking:

It was me who did that posting on that issue ......

it would be nice to know what motherboard and chipsset plus which
controller-chip is used for the lan

> ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off duplex full
> rmmod e100; modprobe e100

Did try out you suggested fix. please watch the result below

B2:/home/b2 # rmmod e1000; modprobe e1000
B2:/home/b2 # ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
Supported ports: [ TP ]
Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Speed: Unknown! (65535)