Re: [SLE] Reacting s-l-o-w-l-y after 24 hr up-time
  • From: Hartmut Meyer <hartmut.meyer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 07:04:36 +0200
Hi,

On Thursday 20 May 2004 05:35, C Hamel wrote:
> My SuSE installation has been up & active for 24 hours. Now, applications
> are starting to slow down & some become totally unresponsive.

Check with "top" which applications eat your CPU time. Also check on the load
average (shown in "top").

It could be a simple thing like a browser with a java applet eating all your
CPU time. A process that is causing heavy disk I/O could also be the cause.

Maybe there's a cron job running (like updatedb).

Greetings from Bremen
hartmut