Re: [SLE] Wrong order.
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 23:43:59 +0200
On Wednesday 19 May 2004 23.23, James Knott wrote:
> I've noticed with a few messages in this list, that the reply will
> arrive before the question. Would those posting replies, please wait
> until after the question has been posted! ;-)

The problem is that you are using a threaded mail reader. One of the main
problems with threaded applications is the so-called race condition. The
proposed solution is that posters of questions raise a semaphore when they
post, so the question is required to wait until the semaphore is dropped.

It is also required that posters of answers refrain from asking a question as
a part of their post, this would lead to a race condition