Re: [SLE] Suse 9.1 and Samba Client
  • From: Luis-Miguel Astudillo <lm.astudillo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:26:19 -0400
Yes I have.

Luis

Art Fore wrote:

Did you install Samba Client? This is what you nee4d for accessing a windows server.

Art

Luis-Miguel Astudillo wrote:

Hi Art,

Well Winbind wasn't installed so I installed throught Yast. Then when I tried to enable the service it told me that etc/smb.conf was not configured.

Installed Samba server and now get the following error : Internal Error - Please send a full bug report at http://bugs.kde.org. Unknown error condition in stat: Network is unreachable...

Well this version of Suse 9.1 Pro sucks so far !!

Luis-M

Art Fore wrote:

I have the same problem, but found windbind (yast, system, runlevel editor) needed to be started, but without windbind, I could not even browse the domain. I have a thread also on the list, but have not received any further info. I am going to try to make a new user with logon and password the same as the winwk domain and see what happens. We also have a domain controller on our network.

Art

Luis-Miguel Astudillo wrote:

Well,

This is the 3rd time I install Suse 9.1 Pro since last friday and still some serious problems when mapping to a Samba server.

It asks for the username and password then "The process for smb;//xxxx protocol died unexpectedly.
What can cause this ?

< Previous Next >