Help with SuSE Firewall2. Open Firewall for SMTP?
  • From: "John N. Alegre" <listhub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 16:08:11 -0500 (CDT)
Firewall gurus ...

I have been through the docs and I will confess I am looking for a faster
solution. Please excuse what looks like a slack waste of bandwidth. I have
got much help from this list and usually a point in the correct direction from
here is enough.

The issue ...

I have a new SuSE 9.1 Pro installation.

I have not done any configuration with Yast on the Firewall. To the best of my
knowledge the Firewall is in place with only ssh access in. This is good. I
now want to open my SMTP port 25. The is the only opening I will need at this
time.

Can some one send me the correct /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2 entry? What do I
need to do after I create the correct entry with respect to restarting the
Firewall with the new config? I am fairly sure I know what to do with Postfix
after the port is open.

All comments welcome. Am I missing anything else?

Thank you list friends.
john
John N. Alegre o
Andante Systems o