copier/ scanner
  • From: Jack Malone <jmalone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:28:44 -0500
Just wondering if anyone out there is using any of the high speed copiers with printers/scanners added to them. ( sharp ar M550N is the one we are demoing at the moment), Just wondering if anyone has any exspierence with this an sending the scanned image to the linux server. Does not have to be this copier/printer/scanner just wondering if anyone here has done it an what/how your doing it. I had the sharp network guy here an we could not get it to work. It wants to use ftp to store the file onto the server an its not working. could not get a xerox machine to do it either.
We plan to do some online storage of documents in the near future an need to find a way to do this.

thanks

If this does not make sense email me off list an I will try an explain more

jack malone
Network Administrator
EAST TEXAS LIGHTHOUSE FOR THE BLIND
dba HORIZON INDUSTRIES