e100 speed duplex under 9.1
  • From: "Simon Oliver" <s.oliver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 16:03:21 +0100
I found I couldn't use the e100_speed_duplex module parameter under SuSE 9.1
with my Intel NIC.

A recent posting on this list reported the same problem and a solution - the
ethtool utility. Indeed I found that the following commands got the NIC
talking:

ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off duplex full
rmmod e100; modprobe e100

sometimes it seems necessary to reload the kernel module twice before the
network starts working properly.

I have found that this needs to be run every time the computer is rebooted.
I could put these commands in the boot.local but that could delay/prevent
the startup of other services.

Also, this doesn't solve the problem of network based installations, where
these settings need to be activated prior to installing the operating
system.

Any ideas?

--
Simon Oliver