Re: [SLE] 9.1 in the UK
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:51:39 -0400
On Wednesday 19 May 2004 10:24 am, Riccardo Facchini wrote:
> --- Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 May 2004 06:11 am, Francesco Scaglioni wrote:
> > > Ordered it from linuxemporium Monday, it arrived Tuesday
> > >
> > > Can't ask for better than that
> >
> > Nope. I ordered from asknet.de back in March and on March 18 they
> > charged my
> > credit card.
>
> I see I'm not the only one to have NOT received from asknet...
> strange... they served me well until now.
>
> > I have heard not much since nor received any tracking information.
>
> Nor did I, but I must say that after requesting info throught their
> website (no via a simple e-mail) I got an answer informing me that they
> were starting to ship this week, so they recommended me to wait a few
> days for mail delivery. (I'm a resident of Barcelona, Spain).
>
> > Tomorrow if nothing is heard I will dispute the charge with my credit
> > card
> > company and order the product elsewhere.
>
> Before disputing, check their website for a "contact" link. Remember
> that you have to go to the asknet.de website, not the suse.asknet.de:
>
> http://www.asknet.de/?control=Request.SelectorEN
>
> if nothing comes forward, please let us know... I'm interested in the
> issue, as I ordered to asknet at the same time and the only thing I got
> was the e-mail I mentioned before.
>
> remember that they told me to be patient with the mailing service...

I did send them an email on May 8th and they responded that the product had
been shipped "May 3rd and delivery takes 7 days." It is now May 19th and I
can't get any more information out of them. I have been sending email to:

suse@xxxxxxxxx

which sounds like the right place to me.

Hmmm just found a contact web page. Will hit them with that too.