Re: [SLE] SUSE 9.1 - BAH!
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 23:37:28 +1000
Pieter Hulshoff wrote:
The other thing- how the heck do you turn-off the damn screen saver? or
rather stop the screen from blanking out after some (?)10 minutes or so?
With the screen saver turned off the screen blanks - to GREAT annoyance
to me - unless something is constantly displayed on the screen.

It's the X blank/standby/suspend/offtime options that do this. I don't know if there's an elegant SuSE way to take care of this, but I've turned it off using the following X options (in XF86Config):

[rest pruned]

Thanks for the suggestion. That's what made it all work out -- but, as you would have read, Kenneth had the same solution in a more "efficient" way.

Cheers.