Re: [SLE] gcc internal error
  • From: Martin Mielke <martin.mielke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:12:13 +0200
Fortean wrote:

MPlayer is notoriously difficult to compile.

I don't think so ;) I've compiled/installed MPlayer from source tarball a couple of times before...

I actually think the developers go out of their way to make it that way, requiring specific versions of gcc to compile correctly.

On the "Requirements Page" (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/install.html#softreq) they don't mention anything special... given that I use gcc-3.3.1-24 it shouldn't be a problem...

I'd grab an rpm if I were you.

OK, just point me to a SuSE-RPM for MPlayer and I'll fetch it :P

Martin

011