problem in qt for beginner
  • From: Prabu Subroto <prabu_subroto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 04:07:31 -0700 (PDT)
Dear my friends...

I tried to develop an application with qt. As the
beginning I try to make a very simple application with
qt. just display a form contain a label "Hello Qt".

But I have problem in compiling as below:

patrixlinux@patrix:~/arsip/proyek/metric> ls
conversionform.ui main.cpp metric.pro
patrixlinux@patrix:~/arsip/proyek/metric> qmake -o
Makefile metric.pro
patrixlinux@patrix:~/arsip/proyek/metric> ls
Makefile conversionform.ui main.cpp metric.pro
patrixlinux@patrix:~/arsip/proyek/metric> make
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=i586 -mcpu=i686
-fmessage-length=0 -Wall -fPIC -Wall -W -O2
-march=i586 -mcpu=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -fPIC
-DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT
-I/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/include
-I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o
.obj/main.o main.cpp
main.cpp:2:22: unnamed1.h: No such file or directory
main.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
main.cpp:7: error: `conversionForm' undeclared (first
use this function)
main.cpp:7: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once for each function it appears in.)
main.cpp:7: error: syntax error before `;' token
main.cpp:8: error: `w' undeclared (first use this
function)
make: *** [.obj/main.o] Error 1
patrixlinux@patrix:~/arsip/proyek/metric>

My program only contents 1 form (conversionForm) with
1 textLabel.

too poor that I have not understood where I should
define the init (of constructor) and destroy (of
destructor).

In project view, I found "conversionform.ui.h" and
thist texts as below :
"
/****************************************************************************
** ui.h extension file, included from the
uic-generated form implementation.
**
** If you wish to add, delete or rename functions or
slots use
** Qt Designer which will update this file, preserving
your code. Create an
** init() function in place of a constructor, and a
destroy() function in
** place of a destructor.
"

I tried to see the help of qt but I didn't find a
brief explanation about where I can make init() from
qt designer.

Please help me, teach me please..... I am an idiot
computer freak but I strong willing to learn.

Thank you very much for your generousity.