Quick question about Yast and Apache
  • From: Mobeen Azhar <moby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:36:43 -0500
On SuSE 9.1 (I think it was the same on 9.0), Yast has two places where one can configure modules for Apache2. One is at System -> /etc /sysconfig editor and then Network -> WWW -> Apache2 and then modifyin the APACHE_MODULES variable. Another appears to be Network Services - > HTTP Server and then selecting modules and clicking on edit. It seems that not the same list of modules is shown in both places. Where should one go to add a new module? I have gotten it to work by going the first route (System -> /etc/sysconfig editor ...) but cannot seem to get it to work by using the second method. Which is the preferred method?

Thanks in advance for any help,

--
--Moby

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me. -- Pastor Martin Niemöller