What in the world happened to coreutils?!?!
  • From: David Krider <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:44:42 -0500
``sort'' now ignores leading spaces no matter what you do.

``cut'' only inserts the output delimiter between the last and
second-to-last ranges.

Good thing I still have an 8.2 machine to work on.

I give up. SuSE 9.1 was an expensive mistake. gpilotd won't work. subfs
is a hassle. I can't use an external hard drive with either USB or
Firewire. The nvidia driver flickers the second head DESPITE the fix
that used to work on 9.0. Gnome themes don't work. If there's a
highly-publicized speed up for 2.6 on my dual Athlon 1.8 system, I have
yet to notice it. resmgr was a undocumented pain in the rear to fix up
for CD burning. And now this.

Un-frickin'-believable.

I haven't seen this many problems with a distro since RH 8.0, and that's
when I went looking for a new vendor.

I jumped the gun and installed this stupid mess on all three of my main
computers the first day I got it. I *knew* I should have waited for a
new Ximian desktop, a post-release kernel, and some of the first patches
to roll through.

Here's hoping that this does NOT turn out like Red Hat, and these things
get fixed BEFORE the next release...

Sigh,
dk