Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1: screensaver settings not takent into account
  • From: C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:28:54 -0500

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 03:00, Frederic Soulier wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to set the screensaver to "blank" and regardless of what
> I'm doing I keep getting "random OpenGL" screensavers... I did set to
> "random OpenGL" screensavers a few days ago but reverted to "blank"
> and tried OK, Apply, etc... with no effect... I keep getting random
> OpenGL ones.
>
> Any idea?
Only thing I can tell you:
1. Disable screen saver for the KDE desktop in 'Desktop Config'
2. Go into the KPowerSave area (right-click on taskbar icon)
3. Choose 'Edit' & just walk through the settings for all profiles
4. Select 'OK' w/mouse
If your box behaves like mine, your screensaver is gone forever.
- --
...CH
Avoid doing business with 'The Link' ISP.
SuSE Is All U Need
Linux user# 313696
Linux box# 199365