Re: [SLE] Locale troubles with Suse 9.1
  • From: Jyry Kuukkanen <jyry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 23:16:18 +0300 (EEST)
> >Well, I use en_UK, the language I chose during the installation due the
> >fact Finnish is *still* not an option...
>
> open a console or xterm whatever you are comfortable and type locale and
> send the output to the list please

Hello again.

I think I was too optimistic about solving the problem changing the
language to Swedish. No help, really.

The locale print out the following:

LANG=sv_SE.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="sv_SE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="sv_SE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="sv_SE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="sv_SE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="sv_SE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="sv_SE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="sv_SE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="sv_SE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="sv_SE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

The problem was then same when I used en_UK. The konsole is utterly messed
up when ever a non-English character appears to the visible "screen" when
scrolling and rolling text using konsole. Oh, yes, same nasty features
using when console [Alt-F1-6].

--
Cheers,
--Jyry