Re: [SLE] Locale troubles with Suse 9.1
  • From: Jyry Kuukkanen <jyry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 22:51:21 +0300 (EEST)
On Tue, 18 May 2004, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:

> * Jyry Kuukkanen; <jyry@xxxxxxxxxx> on 18 May, 2004 wrote:
> >
> >Hello
> >

> >I have major troubles with Suse Linux 9.1 when it comes to non-English
> >characters using Konsole or actual console.
> >
> >Before going further in the diagnosis, is there a simple solution to this?
> >

> what is the output of "locale" in your console

Thank you for your kind and swift answer.

Well, I use en_UK, the language I chose during the installation due the
fact Finnish is *still* not an option...

Choosing en_UK locale has worked fine until 9.1, swithing to Swedish
solved the problem. Jag talar Svensk, men mycket dåligt :-)

Pool Britons who wishes to write ¡Hola! etc. to their amigos. No
options until they learn what is Swedish in Swedish... :-)

--
Best regards,
--Jyry