Re: [SL] Using browser and sql-ledger together
  • From: Jerome Lyles <susemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:42:06 -1000
On Sunday 16 May 2004 02:39 pm, Dirk Enrique Seiffert - CaribeNet wrote:
> On Sunday 16 May 2004 06:08, Paul Tammes wrote:
> > Suse calls the apache config file for apache 2 httpd2.conf iirc..
> > And stores it in /etc/system/config/suseconfig/YaST/ or something similar
> > unlogical
>
> I use SuSE 9.0, never used the setup script. Did the work manually withour
> bigger problems. Don't use Konquerer as root as a filemanager, much easier
> is doing this in a terminal.
>
> 1) On SuSE the owner/group of apache2 is wwwrun:nobody -> as superuser
> # chown -R /usr/local/sql-ledger
> 2) Configuration of apache2 is done in /etc/sysconfig/apache2 - If apache2
> is working and loading the perl module there is nothing to add.
> 3) SuSE has a default directory for apache2 inlude files. In /etc/apache2/
> conf.d/ is the best folder to place the sql-ledger.conf file
>
> These are as far as I remember the only differences you have to know.
> SQL-Ledger runs fine on SuSE, just do the setup by hand.
>
> Good luck
>
> Enrique

Thanks Enrique! Your email pointed me in the right direction. All the
suggestions I recieved from others I applied to /etc/httpd which is for
apache 1.x. You made me realise there is another httpd file for apache2 so I
included the sql-ledger httpd file in /etc/sysconfig/apache2. Now Apache is
using the sql-ledger conf file.

However solving that problem presented another. Now the browser says:

Error!

No Database Drivers available!

Postgres is my database and it is up and running. With apache2 and postgres
running what does it mean that no database drivers are available?
Thanks,
Jerome

< Previous Next >