Re: [SLE] usb related problems (suse 9.1)
  • From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <bb+shared.it.lists.suse-e@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 18:29:51 +0000
Ales,

I don't have this running on a SuSE 9.1 these days, but I have it on a Gentoo
and it should work the same way. Here is part of an /etc/fstab that includes
the user option for a usb drive:

/dev/sda1 /home/Docs reiserfs noauto,noatime,user 0 0
/dev/sda2 /home/backup reiserfs noauto,user 0 0
/dev/sda3 /home/win ntfs noauto,user,uid=atlantis,gid=users 0 0

This will work if your drive is the only disk mounted as an SCSI disk (dev/sda).
If you already have some SCSI disks or another USB drive, you should change it
to your value. You can use the value in /etc/mtab.

Quoting Ales Jagodnik <ajagodnik@xxxxxxxxx>:

it is impossible to add user entry in fstab, since there is no entry in
fstab (for usb storage), when plugged in it creates an entry in /etc/mtab.
If there is no data corrupt (as it seems now) then the "problem" is
solved for me.

How about second problem? Has anybody any idea what could be wrong with
usb hub and other ports (connected to motherboard) that they fail to
recognize devices or work at all? In bios I have 1.1/2.0 mode selected
opposed to just 1.1 mode. I posted a usbview report earlier.

Thanks