Re: [SLE] unattended backup with KDat (next quest.)
  • From: "Rob Freeman" <sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:23:56 -0500
There are a lot of helpful sites on the internet about tar. Google is your
friend, but here are a few:

http://lantech.geekvenue.net/chucktips/jason/chuck/994016279/index_html

http://www-jerry.oit.duke.edu/linux/bluedevil/HOWTO/backups_howto.html

Many more that I saw then this.

You could also write a script to perform the backup and then check what is
on the tape after the backup. Something like:

tar cvf /dev/st0 /home /srv/www/htdocs > /tmp/backup.log

tar tvf /dev/st0 >> /tmp/backup.log

This is just off the top of my head, so the above might need a little
tweaking.

Rob