Re: [SLE] USB scanners in 9.1
  • From: Fergus Wilde <fwilde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:01:16 +0100
On Tuesday 18 May 2004 15:35, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Fergus Wilde <fwilde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-18-04 09:17]:
> > Yes, sorry, me again, seem to be having rather a fight with 9.1 as
> > compared with 9.0, this time it's the scanner, which has been set up
> > nicely for several versions. Installs OK, but then xsane says 'no
> > device'. It suggests checking ownership of device file, but
> > /dev/usbscanner is owned by my user.
>
> If you read this list you would see that an on-going discussion exists
> with the most recent post just ~20 minutes ago:

Indeed. Well, I have been glancing at the list for the last few years, oddly
enough, and that'd be the SCSI scanners thread I suppose - OK, I freely admit
that the SCSI subject line and almost exclusively SCSI content of these post
did prevent my seeing the connection with the USB scanner problem I've
outlined. In fact, the 'solved' post does nothing to solve my problems, so
perhaps the sarcasm wasn't necessary.

The OP also has a different problem - mine is that YaST sees the scanner,
apparently identifies it correctly, and says it's set it up, but xsane claims
it doesn't exist. I'm also trying to

--
Fergus Wilde
Chetham's Library