Re: [SLE] unattended backup with KDat (next quest.)
  • From: Prabu Subroto <prabusubroto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 06:57:37 -0700 (PDT)
If I do like this below in cron task:
"
0 20 * * * tar cvf /dev/st0 /home /srv/www/htdocs
"

Will it do the backup every 20 o'clock?
And what are the names of the files as the backup
result with tar? is it only a single name of file or
it will be the same as the original file name but only
with "tar" at the end of the backup result? for
example is the is "one.sxw" it will be "one.sxw.tar" ?

And how should I execute restore?
Can I do like this :
"
tar -xvf /dev/st0