RE: [SLE] Samba3 adduser?
  • From: Ben Higginbottom <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 14:52:47 +0100

>On both I cannot figure out how to add samba users. It doesn't work
>though Webmin (latest, installed from the tarball, since the rpm doesn't
detect
>SUSE 9.1 correctly) won't do it, and I can't find the smbadduser command.

Take a look at the manual pages of smb.conf and the username map section,
which will go into the whole process in excessive detail :) nssswitch.conf
is also rather useful

Personally I just create the user as normal and then add the user into the
smbpasswd file with smbpasswd -a username, but thats not really efficent
with a large number of users.

Regards,

Ben