Re: [SLE] Samba3 adduser?
  • From: Jack Malone <jmalone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 08:50:06 -0500
Forgot to reply to all to get this out to the list so i'm sending it again

jack

On both I cannot figure out how to add samba users. It doesn't work though
Webmin (latest, installed from the tarball, since the rpm doesn't detect SUSE
9.1 correctly) won't do it, and I can't find the smbadduser command.

Hans I went an got the tarball from webmin webpage an installed it an it lets you tell it what os your running. But it still want let you add users with webmin. I have added uses to the suse box first then used smbpasswd -a to add samba users. example is smbpasswd -a login password
that will add the user to samba , but you need to make sure an give them logins in linux before you try an add them to samba.

hth
jack malone
network admin
horizon industries