Re: [SLE] Printing from Mozilla/Firefox in 9.1
  • From: Dom Incollingo <DomIncollingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 19:42:11 -0500
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Dom Incollingo <DomIncollingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-17-04 14:45]:

Just curious, is there a way to print from Mozilla/Firefox without
going through kprinter? Thanks.

you can use xpp instead of kprinter, or edit unix.js, find the line
with "{MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}, the next line is:
pref("print.printer_list", ""); // list of printers, separated by spaces

edit this line and add your printers as:

pref("print.printer_list", "color gray photo ");

save and restart moz
Thanks for the info. The xpp command works great.

But when I update the unix.js to contain the list of printers, I still have to set up moz to user either xpp or kprinter in order to print. It won't print for me using the lpr command like it did in 9.0.