Problem logging in as User
  • From: thaiv@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 20:36:42 -0400
Hi All,

I installed Suse 9.0 pro onto my desktop at work and everything seemed to work
fine. However when I tried to long in as a user, I get the following error:

"no write to $Home directory (/)"
"KDE unable to start ksmserver"

I can log in as root with out any problems. And everything seems to be
running fine as root. I think something might have gone wrong when the system
created my user account. Not sure if this is right or not or how to fix the
system.

The system is a dual boot with windows 2000 and suse 9.0 pro.
I set up the suse portion of the harddrive with a root partition and also a
home partition. I can give more info. if required.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Vu

< Previous Next >