Re: [SLE] YOU caused 8.2 to not boot
  • From: Terry Eck <terry_eck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:59:40 -0500
John Andersen wrote:

I had the same problem with a dual celeron machine. You totally
hoze initrd, and nothing would load. When I build it, it still wouldn't
work because of some new found incompatibility with my IDE controler
that I use for software raid. It managed to hoze one of the drives
in the raid array trying to load.
I went back to an earlier kernel, and am staying there until I put 9.1 down on the server.

Thanks for the info, glad I am not alone. I also went back to the
previous kernel and will install 9.1 soon.

--
SuSE Linux 8.2 (i586) ---- 2.4.20-4GB-athlon --- Mon 05/17/04 17:55
5:55pm up 2 days 10:08, 3 users, load average: 0.22, 0.35, 0.32

< Previous Next >