Re: [SLE] problem with Nvidia driver and init3
  • From: Terry Eck <terry_eck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:54:17 -0500
LeRoy Maxwell III wrote:
ok i have the Nvidia driver up and going works BEAUTIFULLY, UT2K4 and
NWN are fantastic, but have a problem now of when i type init 3 to go
into text mode i get a blank screen, i can login "blind" and type init 5
and poof back into X just fine, i'm stumped on this one, anyone else
have this or any ideas what is going on??

Sound like the same problem I had with my Nvidia card. I have to set
vga=normal when booting in order to get a console screen.
You might try that.
Terry
--
SuSE Linux 8.2 (i586) ---- 2.4.20-4GB-athlon --- Mon 05/17/04 17:50
5:50pm up 2 days 10:03, 3 users, load average: 0.30, 0.44, 0.33