Re: [SLE] Apache2 and SSL SuSE 9.1
  • From: scsijon <scsijon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 08:35:06 +1000
At 06:21 AM 17/05/2004, Robert Paulsen wrote:
On Monday 17 May 2004 03:46, poeml@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 06:22:57PM -0500, Robert Paulsen wrote:
> > How do I configure apache2 to accept https connections? Here is what I
> > have done so far:
> >
> > Used Yast to enable SSL in the default configuration.
> > Used Yast to tell apache to listen to port 443.
> > Ran the command "/usr/bin/gensslcert".
> > Ran the command "rcapache2 restart".
> >
> > Nothing in the above produced any error messages, but when I point my
> > browser to https://localhost I get a "connection refused" message
> >
> > "netstat -lpn" shows that nobody is listening on 443.
>
> Check that APACHE_SERVER_FLAGS in /etc/sysconfig/apache2 contains SSL.
> I'd suppose that Yast has added that, but you never know.
>
> Peter

Yes, I did figure out that I could do that, as well as "rcapache2 start -DSSL". And
I fixed one other thing. But I'm now having a new problem. Here is a copy of the
message I posted about that...

> Well, I finally got apache2 to come up with ssl.
> (I had to add  SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl.crt/server.crt to
> ssl-global.conf.)
>
> Unfortunately, this cahses PHP to stop working!
>
> What's the trick to getting *BOTH* SSL and PHP working together??

Um.... Maybe it's the version of PHP the SSL wants that's wrong??

regards
scsijon

--
Robert C. Paulsen, Jr.