Re: [SLE] short fizzing sound
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:06:54 -0400
On Monday 17 May 2004 14:32, Thom Nuzum wrote:
> Yes its CRT.
> I think you must be right as I have tried everything else.
> How can I clean this without dying.
> Thanks

If you have no electronic experience, it would be wise to let someone who
does do it for you. The 25 KV won't kill you, altho the shock it gives you
could send your arm flying into the wall and break your elbow, or something
like that. (I had a friend in the TV repair business that this happened to!
And he supposedly knew what he was doing.) Also, you probably need
a special screwdriver to open the case, which you very likely don't have.
--doug

< Previous Next >