Upgrading & New Installs (Was how good SuSE is)
  • From: Stephen W <winstephen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:29:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,

I am still new ot linux ... and the list discussions
are more than interesting, but one thing seems clear
to me: to upgrade from one version (8.0->9.0-9.1,
etc.,etc.) seems to cause more than necessary
problems.

My opinion (MNTBHO): When I was in the Windows
environment I learned quite early to not to try to
upgrade a version. Instead of trying to upgrade I
just bought a new harddrive and loaded the OS on that.
Such it was time consuming to reload all the
software, drivers, etc... but I found it was less time
consuming than the problems I always seems to have
doing it the other way. (AND- if I had problems with
the new system I always had the old one to fll back on
until I got bugs in the new one out.)

=====
Stephen W
Sarasota, FL

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine ..." Proverbs